Monday, February 18, 2008

Boys, Listen to your Parents


Hi boys.

You know, and I know, that I don't get to be with you nearly as much as I would like to. To share life with you. To talk with you. To answer your questions and mentor you.

What I would most like you to know and understand about your mother and me is this:

Listen to us.

No one on this planet cares more about your well-being than we do. We love you. We care about what happens to you and about what kind of men you will grow up to be. We only want the best for you.

And one of the ways we care for you is to teach you by giving you advice. You should want and carefully consider our advice. We have lived a lot of life, before you ever even came along, and we have much to teach you. I know that you don't realize that fully. But, trust us on this.

Listen to us.

This blog will consist of letters to you from me. You get to hear Mom's advice - excellent advice that you should take fully to heart - every day at home. Not so much from me, because of my demanding travel schedule, which I deeply regret.

So, here is this blog is what I have to say to you, as it occurs to me. I hope it helps you in your young and precious lives.

Dad.

No comments: